Whether you need to re-organise to meet changing business circumstances or if it may just be time for a revamp, there are areas of the office environment that, when upgraded, provide you with valuable benefits. A well-designed modern workspace is possible no matter your budget, with different options available at every cost level. I want to use this short article to give you some exciting ideas that you might use during your refit.
Quick Tips to Find a Great Supplier
First up I want to give you some essential tips to enable you to find a superb office refurbishment supplier, following these steps should put you on the right track –
- Internet search – start by typing ‘office fit-out Cheltenham’ for example; this will give you a list of local suppliers.
- Take some time to view their websites and products, making a note of any you like.
- Use consumer websites – cross-reference any prospective suppliers on sites such as Trustpilot or Feefo to see how well previous clients rate them.
- Make contact – first contact will typically give you a feeling of any company’s professionalism – discard any you don’t get a good sense of this.
- Multiple Quotes – always get at least three or four prices for the work.
Areas Of Interest
Having found several suppliers we can now switch to look at the areas of the office which can be improved and revitalised. The main areas which should be the focus of your thoughts are –
- Décor – a new colour scheme can brighten any office if you don’t have a fixed idea of what you want, take advice from your chosen suppliers. Think about increasing the amount of planting in the workspace as it can provide increases in staff wellness and, in turn, productivity.
- Lighting – You have to provide the correct amount of lighting by law; if the premises are short on natural light, new technology in LED lighting can simulate this.
- Floorspace – If you need to change the floorplan, then several partitioning systems may be an option to investigate – glass can spread natural light throughout.
- Furniture – new ergonomic designs mean options are available for all budgets from chairs to an entire workstation; bright colours can also help with the overall colour scheme.
- Employee Areas – renewing kitchens and break out areas can enhance staff happiness during work hours.
As well as these main areas, you can also refresh the flooring with carpet and vinyl tiles options; suspended ceilings are also a possibility to consider if you need an improved acoustic performance in the office.
Any supplier you engage to install your refurbishment vision should be able to offer you a complete design process in which they may use computer-aided design programmes to give you an idea of what the finished product might look like. If you are not sure about some area of the office you wish to improve, take their advice, and use their experience, it will benefit you in the long run.
I hope this has given you some valuable ideas for your next office refurbishment; with this information and your grand vision, a great modern office environment is a sure thing!