If your business is currently automated or it is something that you’re thinking about installing then there are a number of important things that you need to consider. Some people may be encouraging you to use relays and a distributed control system. You would be forgiven for being a little bit confused because you can also use a primary controller or also known as a programmable controller, but for this article it will be referred to as PLC. If you’re a little unsure about what a PLC is then it could best be described as a computerized industrial controller that helps greatly in the automation system.
There are a number of advantages to using PLC automation for your business and for the purposes of this article we will make comparisons to relay systems and DCS systems.
- It is much more reliable – Using our programmable controller gives you the reliability that every automation system needs and it also provides you with a great deal of flexibility as well. Accuracy is important in any manufacturing process and so you get to enjoy this as well.
- Lower costs – When you compare the system to other options when it comes to automation technology, it ends up having a much lower cost associated with it. It is also incredibly flexible when it comes to programming and it is easy to update and to make modifications for customers in real time.
- It is easy to understand – The programming that is utilized for the programmable controller system is pretty straightforward to write and also for people to understand. You will find that there are many different languages when it comes to programming in PLC and so this is one of the reasons why it is incredibly popular.
- Better communication – PLC uses a very straightforward communication process when it is connected to your computers and it is incredibly compact so doesn’t take up a lot of space. It provides an incredibly fast operation when compared to other comparable technologies and there is the bare minimum of maintenance when dealing with it.
- Changes can be made – Should any modifications need to be made in the PLC system then this can be easily done and it also provide you with the capability of controlling it remotely. This means that you can make changes while on the move and it responds quickly when change. If you need to add extra functions which will make the system more flexible then these can be added quite easily as well.
- Sturdy & requires less maintenance – This system is perfect for any environment and because it requires less maintenance than its counterparts and it is perfect for any business. It is very easy to find problems if they arise and if you are putting it in place for a small building project then this will take very little time to put into action.
These are only six of the many advantages and believe me when I tell you that there are numerous more.