A locksmith is someone who works with locks on doors, windows, safes, cars, etc. Locksmiths install, repair, and adjust locks in everything from cars to office buildings, and they also deliver services to people who are locked out or people who want to discuss with somebody about their safety systems. This work is quite old, as long as there have been locks and keys. Some have been specialized in working with locks and keys and other security systems like cameras, motion sensors etc.
What kind of picture comes to your mind when we hear the term locksmith? If you think as many other people think, then the probabilities are the image that comes up in your mind was that of the person whose job is to fix locks and keys.
If you think so, then you are just halfway right a locksmith is much more than just a person who repairs broken locks and keys only. Professional and skilled locksmiths today ought to get specialised training to learn how to work on contemporary locks and protection systems. They are certified and registered by Associated Locksmiths of America or ALOA. Based on the complexity of state-of-the-art technology has widened the scope of the locksmith occupation. Locksmiths like Slotenmaker Geel don’t just know their way about locks and safety systems, they are also familiar with lock products and can recommend you on which products work best as per the situation or state of the property.
Following are the different types of locksmiths.
- Residential Locksmith or Local Locksmith
As the name suggests, Residential locksmiths are broad kinds of protection systems and lock mechanics. This kind of locksmith is often located locally, and they offer typically deal, some of them are listed below.
- Lockouts can be handled
- In case of Broken or Missing keys – They have to solve the issue related to broken or missing keys.
- Lock restoration assistance This is a general type and broadly use and think for the benefit
- Lock installation assistance New installation can also be done by them
- Protection system installation services- Safet protection like CCTV, Access control system etc. can also be taken care of.
- 24/7 residential assistance- Being a local presence, they can be made available easily and work 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
- Key duplication assistance – In case someone wants to offer an additional key to a guest or a family member they can be called upon
- Residential locksmiths are the people who will be available within less than 30 minutes once the call is made.
They specialise with private homes and apartment buildings, and they can help if you’re locked out or in or if you lost your keys.
- Commercial or Business Locksmith
Needless to mention that these are the locksmiths who work in organisations such as offices, schools, and other retail buildings.
Following are the key area where they work especially.
- In any organisation like school, office etc Installation of the new lock and safety system is the key area
- Annual Maintenace for lock and security system
- Duplication of the key
- Key-card lock installation and restoration
- Commercial lockout assistance
- They also deal in Master key systems
- Security system upgrade with the advancement
- Safe installation and unlocking of them
- Automobile Locksmith. Who deals in automobile vehicles?
- Forensic Locksmithsare specialised and deal with law and enforcement departments.