Many business owners ask this question when it comes to upsizing their business premises, as they look for a removal contractor to facilitate a relocation to a larger business premises. Of course, commercial removals is a highly competitive sector and every operator will tell you their service is second to none, yet there are some that are better than others.
Here are some of the qualities you can expect to find with an established commercial removal contractor.
- Customer focused – Nothing is too much trouble for an organisation that is customer focused. Take the companies that offer office removals in Melbourne as an example, they have a comprehensive package whereby the customer doesn’t have to do anything. From making initial contact to the final inspection, the process should be smooth and uneventful and if there are issues, they would quickly be rectified.
- Reliability – Once a project is taken on, the contractor should be able to carry out the move according to your timeline; to be reliable, a company must have adequate resources to deal with vehicle breakdowns and staff shortages. It is always wise to read the online reviews on the contractor’s website, as this is an accurate indication of what to expect.
- Competitive pricing – A successful contractor would need to be price competitive; ask several companies to quote for the project to be sure you are not paying too much.
- Transparent pricing – As a customer, you should be able to clearly see where your money was spent; the invoice should be detailed and an all-inclusive price quoted.
- Prompt response – When you make contact, the response should be swift; you should be dealing with a contracts manager, whose job it is to liaise with you on every aspect of the operation. Having good communication is the key to an efficient organisation, as every player is on the same page.
- Flexibility – The company should be flexible and be able to deal with unexpected issues that sometimes arise. A business with substantial resources is always able to deal with unexpected situations.
- Service with a smile – Whether your contracts manager or the team who carry out the move, you should receive service with a smile. This makes all the difference, we all like to deal with happy folk, whatever the reason for our interaction.
We recommend asking several established commercial removal contractors to bid for your project and hopefully, the move will be smooth and uneventful.